My ideal job is at the intersection of sound, music technology, experimentation, and play. I want to continue to explore, make, release, and share creative work.
I have dual French/American citizenship and Settled Status in the UK, so I can work anywhere in the European Union, the UK, or the USA.
What kind of thing am I after?
- Teaching Position
- Funded PhD (read my proposal below!)
- Creative Technologist
- Sound Designer
- Musical Experimenter
- Game Sound person
Me, in bullet point form:
- Masters degree in Sound Design
- 14 years of professional and academic teaching experience
- Think creatively and critically about sound, music, and interaction.
- Can develop interactive audio software using a range of techniques
- Experienced with prototype hardware development
- Experienced performer
- Have developed custom interfaces and instruments for a wide variety of clients on a freelance basis.
- Have run a number of workshops for children and young adults focusing on interactive digital music technologies.
- Founded and ran the award-winning company Lucky Frame
- Speak fluent English and French.
What are my priorities?
I would like to be somewhere that is creatively stimulating, socially engaged, family friendly, diverse, and has a healthy approach to work. A good salary is important but of course the exact figure depends on location (as a reference, my current position at MICA in Baltimore pays ~US$75k/year before benefits and taxes).
Things to look at
My current PhD Proposal draft: An activist approach to the design and development of new music technology